Monday, May 7, 2007

Welcome! My name is Kristian Collins. A second year law student at the University of Alabama, I independently coordinated a summer internship with the non-profit legal organization. I will be living in South Africa while working for them this summer (their winter).

I've set up this blog so that my family and friends can experience South Africa with me. In checking with the cell phone service providers, calling or receiving calls in South Africa is $1.49 per minute, so the long and short of that is ... don't call me :) But please do post here on my blog. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll post my thoughts and observations as well.

At present, it looks as if I will be flying out of Atlanta on a direct flight to Johannesburg at the end of May. So until then, you can join me in prayer for a safe flight. I'll be in touch :)

4 comments:

nommo4life said...

I have been to Pretoria it is beautiful. You will have a great time. Just to give you the cliff notes on my life. I got engaged and am in the process of buying a house.

Anonymous said...

this feels like a really good episode of Family Matters : living, learning, eating, etc...

i'm very excited for you

chicmonique said...

Kristian,
you will have a blast!! I'm so excited for you and I guess this way I get to experience you summer vicariously!!
Take care and have fun!!
(p.s. I survived (just barely)four days with my family I am back in T-town for a much needed time of solitude and recovery.)
Have you gotten your ticket yet?

Anonymous said...

why am i not listed under "contributers"?... obviously, i am your biggest contributer...